Do not disguise: you love that Halloween comes to make sweets as funny as this chocolate cake and pumpkin with ghosts of merengue... if it is very exquisite.
The recipe is taken from this blog and may scare a bit for the amount of ingredients, but nothing that can daunt the readers of this blog. It is a layer cake or layer cake with pumpkin sponge, stuffed with pumpkin and chocolate cream, and covered with more chocolate cream and chocolate ganache.
The stars of the cake are undoubtedly the very cute ghosts of merengue, which we already know how to do because we dominate the merengue thanks to our lessons on meringue with online cake in Delhi.
CHOCOLATE CAKE AND PUMPKIN WITH GHOSTS
INGREDIENTS (FOR FOUR FLOORS OF 15-16 CM):
• 55 g of softened butter
• 50 g of soft oil
• 135 g of white sugar
• 85 g of brown sugar
• a pinch of salt
• Two eggs
• One tsp. of vanilla extract
• One tsp. of cinnamon
• 1/4 tsp. of nutmeg
• 220 g pumpkin puree
• 30 g of milk
• 195 g of confectionery flour
• 1/2 tsp of sodium bicarbonate
• 1/2 tsp of chemical yeast
• 200 g pumpkin puree
• 90 g of brown sugar
• 50 ml of maple syrup or honey
• The juice of half a lemon
• One tsp. of ground cinnamon
• A pinch of salt
• 225 g butter ointment
• 180 g of dark chocolate
• One cda. of liquid glucose
• 60 g of dark chocolate
• 60-75 g of liquid cream (minimum 35% fat)
• A pinch of salt
• Three egg whites (about 70 g)
• 140 g of sugar
• A pinch of cream of tartar
• A little black chocolate
- We put the whites in a bowl to make a French merengue (we advise you to read our article about the Fmeringuerengue technique beforehand); it is convenient that they are at room temperature, because they sponge better.
- We weigh the sugar on the scale and reserve.
- We add the cream of tartar to the whites and beat in a robot or with electric rods at high speed. When the egg whites are already clearly foamed, we add the sugar in tablespoons, one at a time.
- We continue beating for at least 8 minutes; the meringue is ready when you take a portion between your fingers and rub it, you will not perceive the sugar granule, this means that it has dissolved.
- We put the meringue in a pastry bag with smooth round nozzle of about 8-10 mm and we form the ghosts on a mat or baking paper placed on a baking tray. We start next to the paper and we raise the sleeve to make the ghost grow.
- Cook the ghosts 75 minutes at 75ºC, with air to dry better; eye, because you should not toast, just dry. When they can easily peel off the paper, they are ready. Let cool in the oven closed and off.
- When they are well dried we melt a little black chocolate, we put it in a plastic bag, we cut a pick and we make the eyes. Let it dry.
Chocolate and pumpkin sponge cake
- We put the oven to heat to 180ºC. Grease and flour four non-stick molds for layer cake of 15-16 cm. We reserve
- We pass through a sieve the baking flour with the sodium bicarbonate and the chemical yeast.
- In a bowl we put the butter, the oil, the normal sugar, the brown sugar and the salt. Beat at high speed about 4 minutes, until it is fluffy.
- Add the eggs, the vanilla extract and the spices, and continue beating for another 3 minutes.
- Add milk and pumpkin puree, previously mixed in a bowl with cinnamon. We continue beating until homogenizing. We add the sifted solids and mix well.
- We distribute the mixture between the four molds and cook the biscuits 22-25 minutes, until they are done. Taste with a skewer that are perfectly cooked and take them out to cool to a rack, reversing the molds come out of wonder.
Put the pumpkin puree, brown sugar, maple syrup or honey, lemon juice, cinnamon and salt in a pan. Heat until it boils gently. We keep boiling a couple of minutes, so it thickens a little. Let it cold down.
• Put the black chocolate in pieces with the glucose in a bowl. Melt in the microwave, little by little with best cake recipe through online cake delivery in Dehradun.
• Add the ointment butter (not melted). We beat vigorously with rods until we obtain a smooth and bright mixture. Let it cool at room temperature.
• Once the cream is cold, beat it with electric rods or in a robot at high speed until it is aerated and the color has cleared, at least 10 minutes, although it depends on the temperature of the kitchen. Be warned if it's hot in your kitchen, because it will take quite a few minutes to assemble the cream.
Assembly of the cake
- We placed a cardboard base of the same size as the biscuits on a rotating stand. We fix it with a butter pegotito or the chocolate cream itself. We place some paper bands under this base so as not to stain the stand.
- If the sponge cakes have a lot of hump, we will level the surface a bit with a knife or a lyre. We put the first sponge cake in its place. Spread some pumpkin cream and cover with chocolate cream.
- We place the second cake, centering it and leveling it perfectly. We can tighten lightly with something flat, like the ass of a frying pan or a pizza shovel, so that it is well leveled.
- Proceed in the same way with the three remaining biscuits, always taking care that the cake is level and straight.
- Finally, cover the sides and top with more chocolate cream and match with a layered spatula. It does not need to be perfect because we will put more coverage on it.
- We take the cake to the fridge so that the cream solidifies.
Chocolate Churretes with CakenGifts.
- We put the dark chocolate in a bowl. Pour the cream into a saucepan and bring to a boil. When it boils, pour it over the chocolate in the bowl and let it rest for 2-3 minutes.
- After that time, first gently stir with a few rods and then more vigorously as you emulsify, until you get a smooth, shiny cream. Let warm slightly.
- The intrigure of this step is to wait until the cream has the perfect consistency so that it drips down the sides of the cake making a thick and nice churrete. We pass the ganache to a jar, I find that it is easier to apply. We can try a smooth surface, but we will take into account that when the refrigerated cake comes, the ganache thickens as soon as we pour it.
- We apply the ganache by the edge in the first place, making the churretes form, and then cover the top. We return the cake to the fridge so that the ganache solidifies. To finish it we put the ghosts of merengue on top.
This chocolate and pumpkin cake with ghosts for Halloween will consecrate you as pro pastries. If you want to surprise your children and friends in this party do not hesitate to do it. They will be left with their mouths open, like ghosts.