Made my first fruit tart over the past couple days.
The crust was pate sucree (basic sweet crust). The filling was a custard that I tried to thicken with flour and corn starch. The top was just fresh fruit with an apricot glaze (just warmed up apricot preserves with a little water so I could paint it on).
The custard could have been better... not quite as smooth as I would like. I would like to learn to thicken it properly with just egg instead of corn starch. But not bad for a first attempt.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades